The content on this page is accurate as of the posting date; however, some of the offers mentioned may have expired.
We’ve been going on and on about how a lot of excellent credit cards, nowadays, offer grand welcome bonuses and how this is the foundation for getting started on free travel. But beyond this, a lot of people are not aware that sometimes, targeted credit cards offer much higher welcome bonuses than what is already made available to the public.
Most notably, the Platinum Card from American Express offers up to 100k points as welcome bonus points, a considerable jump from the regular offer of 60,000 points.
If you’re interested to know whether or not you’re targeted for this, you can look into CreditCards.com’s CardMatch Tool, which helps you look for offers that hold a much higher value than what’s advertised. This credit card match tool will definitely help you a lot!
The CardMatch Tool
The CardMatch Tool can be accessed via CreditCards.com. It’s very easy to use and completely accessible even for first-time users and to put you at ease, using the tool won’t impact your credit score as the tool only runs soft credit checks.
So if you’re interested to see if that Amex Platinum 100K offer is a match for you, here’s a quick guideline on how you can use the tool:
- Head on to the CardMatch Tool page via this link.
- Once there, fill out the form with your details – your name, address and the last 4 digits of your social security number.
- Then, click on the “Get Matches” button.
- Click on the checkbox for the Terms and Conditions and hit “Submit”.
- Once you hit the submit button, the tool will gather your possible matches in 60 seconds.
- If the AMEX Platinum 100k offer is not showing up, you can click on the CardMatch Specials Offers or Pre-Qualified Offers located on the left side of the page to verify.
- Keep your fingers crossed for the 100k offer!
If you don’t get it, make sure to check periodically, you never know once it’s made available to you!
Why the American Express Platinum 100K Offer is the Deal to Look Out For
The American Express Platinum 100K offer is the most talked-about deal when using the CardMatch Tool. Obviously, that 100K welcome bonus points translates to over $1500-$2000 when redeemed. And with a well-planned points strategy, you can even get more than that. But, is it worth it?
First, the 100K offer doesn’t come for free. At the time of writing, you will need to spend $5000 in 3 months to get the welcome offer. Plus, with a $550 annual fee, you may find the Amex Platinum hard to maintain. However, if you’re a serial traveler, then these are things you can easily overlook. The Amex Platinum is one of the best cards you can ever get your hands on if you consider yourself a frequent traveler, and here is a rundown of some of the benefits that prove why.
Amex Platinum Benefits:
- 5X points for hotel bookings (prepaid) at Amextravel.com
- 5X points for directly booked flights or using American Express Travel
- $200 yearly credit for Uber— $15 monthly and $35 in the month of December. You can use the credit for Uber or Uber Eats (e.g food delivery)
- $100 Saks credit yearly— first $50 dollars must be used from 1st(January) to 6th(June) month. Then the other $50 will enter on the 7th(July) month and used until the end of the year.
- Up to $200 per year in credit statements for airline incidental fees
- $100 reimbursement fee for Global Entry— you get the best of both worlds because you can also access TSA Pre-Check. Note that this is not applicable the other way around. When you vouch for TSA Pre-Check, you only get that.
- Elite status for Rental car
- Gold status in Marriott and Hilton
- Free access to Boingo wifi
- Granted access to Fine Hotels & Resorts— also the ability to earn 5x on some of those bookings
- Cruise privileges
- Ability to transfer points to participating frequent flyer programs
- Access to Centurion, Escape, Priority Pass Lounges— you can also bring two guests with you
- Access to Delta Sky Clubs–only when you fly via Delta the same day but you have to pay $29 for every guest you bring to access the lounge
- Airspace lounges (JFK, CLE, and SAN)- very basic and expect free soft drinks and simple snacks but each person that enters the premises using the Amex Platinum Card (your free two guests included) gets a credit of $10. You can use this credit to buy more food or drinks.
- You can also authorize people to use your card and enjoy the benefits you take delight in.
The Amex Platinum 100K Offer is a one in a lifetime offer, so if you get it, don’t hesitate to grab the opportunity. This is one of the best deals you can get and the impact it can have on your free travel is huge. So once you get hold of those 100,000 points, make sure you take the time to build a solid points strategy that will get you the most out of your points! Check out our AMEX Membership Rewards Guide here for tips.